Only a few fresh ingredients with only one step and you have the most refreshing, cool, slushy treat. Enjoy every last sip!
This is a wonderful, refreshing treat that happens to be low in calories and zero fat. You won’t know it by tasting this slushy treat. It also is a great source of potassium and vitamin C. This beverage or dessert as well as a great afternoon snack or to serve at a BBQ or after school treat.
Yields: 2 large glasses
- 2 cups fresh watermelon — no seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice — you can use lemon but lime juice and watermelon go very well together.
- 1 tbsp superfine sugar, not powdered sugar — if you don’t have superfine then you can use regular granulated sugar. For sugar free, use Stevia or Agave to taste.
- 1 heaping cup of ice
- 3/4 to 1 cup very cold water
- Add all ingredients to a blender. You may want to start with the watermelon and water first, then add the rest and whirl up until it is at the consistency you like. We like ours very slushy and icy. Enjoy!
Note: For an adult drink, add a flavored Vodka such as watermelon, lemon or lime.