These candies will satisfy your craving for salty and sweet. I have made them with vegan ingredients but you can use any of your favorite pretzel sticks and chocolate but you must use all natural, unsweetened peanut butter otherwise the calories and sugar will be much higher and the candy will be too sweet. They are really delish!
Nutrition: per candy – calories 81.1, fat 5.4g, carbs 6.9g, fiber 0.9g, sugar 3.8g, protein 2.1g, sodium 48.9mg, Weight Watchers points 5
Peanut Butter Chocolate Haystack Candies
- 1/2 cup all natural, unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegan pretzel sticks (or your favorite brand)
- 1/2 cup vegan semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate (or your favorite chocolate chips or bar)
- Break up the pretzel sticks into chopped pieces. Some can be finely chopped and others longer.
- Spray a 1/2 cup measuring cup with cooking spray and measure out the peanut butter.
- In a small bowl mix together the pretzels and peanut butter. Chill in freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Roll into 18 little balls, about a little less than 1 teaspoon. Place on a wax or parchment paper lined cookie sheet and put back in the freezer for about an hour. They have to be very firm at this stage.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for about 25 seconds and stir. Microwave again for another 20 seconds until nice and smooth.
- With a large wooden skewer or a spoon dip each ball in melted chocolate and place back on cookie sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. This takes about 30 minutes. Store them in an air tight container in fridge. Enjoy this yummy treat!