Is this a cookie or a biscuit? You decide. Either way, these are delicious. Enjoy the cookie goodness!
These cookies have just a few ingredients and are a snap to make. Love that they are vegan, paleo, gluten free and no added refined sugar. Best of all great tasting. The texture is in-between a flat biscuit and cookie. Just delicious!
Vegan Paleo Almond Pecan Biscuit Cookies
Yields about 12 to 15 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, you can use walnuts in it’s place
- 1 slightly heaping tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup date syrup, honey or maple syrup can be used in it’s place
- 2 heaping tbsp coconut sugar, plus 1 tbsp for sprinkling on top of cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in all ingredients. Using a hand held mixer or stand mixer, combine until you have a slightly sticky mixture. The batter should be able to roll up into golf size balls. If for some reason, it’s a little to crumbly, add about 1/2 teaspoon at a time non dairy milk or water just to hold together. Try not to add too much liquid or the cookies will not turn out with the right texture.
- Lay the balls on the cookie sheet and gently flatten with your palms. The cookies don’t spread too much. Sprinkle the coconut sugar over each cookie.
- Bake for about 10 minutes on the middle shelf of oven. After 5 minutes, turn the pan around. If needed bake another 1 to 2 minutes just until the cookies are browned but not too brown on the bottom.
- Cool on a wire rack right on the cookie sheet. They will crisp up just a bit. For a softer cookie, store in a Ziploc bag for up to 3 days on the counter. Freeze for up to a month.
ENJOY THE COOKIE GOODNESS!