Today my son Josh and I made these beautiful Valentine Pretzel Rods. We had a lot of fun together in the kitchen and, of course tasting all the toppings and melted chocolate was a real treat. Use your imagination and add your own special touch. Switch up the sprinkles and colored chocolate for any occasion.
Valentine Dipped Pretzel Rods
- 1 bag Wilton candy melts, we used pink
- pretzel rods, we used Snyder’s 12 ounce bag
- colored sprinkles, we used these….and these….and these
- M&M candies
- Place wax or parchment paper on two rimmed cookie sheets. Have your sprinkles ready to go in separate bowls.
- In a microwave safe deep bowl or glass measuring cup, I used a 2 cup glass Pyrex measuring cup melt candy melts according to package directions.
- Take one pretzel at a time and dip into melted chocolate. We went a little over halfway up. You may want to use a teaspoon or plastic spoon to help coat the pretzel. Gently shake off excess chocolate.
- Using a spoon, coat the chocolate with the sprinkles before it hardens. Add any other decorations at this time too.
- Place each coated pretzel on lined cookie sheet. When all are done, place in fridge for about 15 minutes. Take out and wrap up for gifts or for you and your family to enjoy. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!