This egg salad sandwich is a family favorite that’s requested regularly. Try this simple and delicious recipe and taste for yourself why we call this the “Ultimate Egg Salad Sandwich” Enjoy!
This simple recipe is a staple around my house. It’s requested all the time for lunch and during the warmer summer nights, we enjoy this for dinner with a salad on the side. I enjoy this at least once a week for lunch at home while I’m blogging and creating more recipes. It’s easy to boil up the eggs in the morning and pop them in the fridge waiting for me to make my sandwich. When I was a child my mom would serve this up with corn chips and I have kept that tradition. It’s the perfect combo.
The Ultimate Egg Salad Sandwich
- 8 – 10 hard boiled eggs, I used large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayo, I used light, not fat free, more if needed
- 2 heaping tbsp sour cream, I used light
- 1/2 tsp dried dill or 1 tbsp fresh
- 2 tbsp sweet relish
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp fine sea or kosher salt or to taste when finished putting the salad together
- 1/2 tsp white pepper, black pepper will be fine too
- 2 scallions/green onions, rinsed and chopped finely (only use half of the dark green and all of the white)
- 8 slices whole grain or whole wheat bread, toasted
- sandwich pickles, optional
- corn chips, optional
- Boil eggs, see “5 simple steps to make the perfect hard boiled eggs” http://skinnysweetsdaily.com/five-easy-steps-to-make-the-perfect-hard-boiled-egg/
- In a large mixing bowl, cut up eggs then mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Add in mayo, sour cream, relish and spices. Gently stir in then mash again. Toss in scallions. Mix in gently.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, toast bread and fill with this delicious egg salad.
- Serve with pickles and corn chips.