An old time classic updated. Love this as a child and now my kids love this warming recipe too. Try and enjoy!
This was one of my favorite dishes my mom made us. She always had French fries and corn on the cob along with this. Now, I make this for my family and it’s a family favorite. I switched out the beef for turkey this time and used vegetarian baked beans instead of the pork and beans. Guess what? It’s just as delicious! It’s a classic!
Turkey Frank And Bean Casserole
Yields: about 6 servings
- 1 package turkey hot dogs, 8 in a package
- 1-2 cans vegetarian baked beans, I used Bush’s baked beans
- 1/2 cup cannelloni beans
- A few squirts of ketchup
- 1 heaping tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, plus 1 tsp for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut up hot dogs in about 1/2 inch pieces, not too thin
- Place in casserole dish and add the beans, gently mix.
- Add the ketchup, mustard and 2 tablespoons of sugar, mix gently again
- Sprinkle the 1 teaspoon of sugar over the top, place on a cookie sheet and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Take out and let sit on the counter for about 5 minutes, plate up and enjoy!!