5 ingredients is all it takes to make this easy-peasy and oh so yummy dump cake. Bake one up soon and enjoy!
Do you love Dump Cakes as much as I do? Well, if so, you will really love this easy recipe with only a few ingredients. It brings the tropics into your kitchen. The whole house smells wonderful while this moist and delectable cake is baking and then, when you dig in, it’s just wonderful.
Tropical Lemon Dump Cake with Crunchy Coconut Topping
Serving: 16 – All nutritional’s are approximate depending on what brands and what exact ingredients you use. Calories, 151, fat, 9,4 g fiber, .7g protein, .5 g carbs, 16,4
- 1 box vanilla, yellow, lemon or white cake mix, I like the super moist kind
- 1 can lemon pie filling or lemon crème. I used Duncan Hines Comstock
- 2 cups pineapple juice from a can or cold water
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into little pieces or cubes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened works
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a 13 x 9 cake pan with cooking spray.
- Pour juice or water into pan. Scoop out pie filling and pour into pan over juice. Use a whisk to mix around just a bit.
- Sprinkle cake mix over filling and juice layer.
- Dot with butter, place in oven for about 20 minutes. Then, take out and sprinkle coconut over entire cake. Put back in the oven and continue to bake another 30 minutes until you see the top is slightly brown and the coconut is toasted.
- Let cool on wire rack for about 15 to 20 minutes. You can serve this warm with ice cream or cold. Keeps in the fridge up to two days.