This delicious roast beef was prepared ahead of time and placed in a cold oven to cook. I have become a fan of this method to satisfy my love of slow cooked roasts and a hectic day at work. My daughter is old enough to operate the oven, but still a bit inexperienced to place items in the hot oven. So I prep the meal the night before, then call her as my work day is about to end so she can get dinner started.
Tomato Garlic Roast Beef
- 2 lb eye round roast
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 head of garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Salt & pepper the roast and place in a casserole dish.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, thyme and olive oil. Then spread around roast.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Next day place the roast in the center of a cold oven and turn the heat up to 350 degrees.
- Cook for about an hour & a half or unit the desired doneness.
- Let roast rest for at least 10 minutes before you carve – Enjoy!
Note: If you choose not to prepare ahead of time, simply preheat the oven and lessen the amount of cook time.