My version of the “Big” salad on a Seinfeld episode. It’s got lots of “stuff” in it. Enjoy all the great textures!!
This salad is named after the Seinfeld episode where Elaine talks about how she loves the “big” salad at Monks Café. When I told my husband I was making a large salad for dinner, he said “You mean the big salad?” We laughed and that’s when I decided to call this salad just that. It’s got lots of “stuff” in it. You have try and catch that episode, if you haven’t already. It’s so funny! Anyway, here’s my version. I didn’t give amounts of each ingredient. Toss is what you want, it all works with lots of textures and flavors. Enjoy!
The “Big” Salad
- 1 bag pre-chopped mixed greens
- 1 bag arugula
- Shredded carrots
- Shredded red cabbage
- ½ chopped red onion, optional
- Half hot house cucumber, chopped in cubes
- 1 green apple, chopped in cubes
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Chopped walnuts, I used ½ cup and left some more on the side
- Dried cranberries, raisons and cherries, I used ¾ cup total
- Fresh Blueberries, rinsed and dried completely
- Sprinkle fresh ground pepper
- Sliced Grilled Chicken, optional
Try this tasty dressing from this salad, it’s perfect for the “Big” salad…..http://pamsdailydish.com/arugula-pecan-salad-with-simple-balsamic-dressing/
- In a large serving bowl, toss the two bags of washed lettuce, place in fridge to crisp up while chopping veggies.
- Prepare veggies then layer however you want over the lettuce and top with nuts, dried fruit and the blueberries.
- I served this with garlic bread, it was so good! Save leftovers in a plastic bag in fridge for one day.
Enjoy all the great textures and flavors!