Salads can be so versatile. You can throw just about anything in them and they taste so good. This is my newest detox salad that I recently made one day while working from home. It has one of my favorite ingredients of all time in this healthful bowl. It’s hempseeds. They give a great crunch to just about any dish and are loaded with nutrients. Go crazy with your salads, throw all the healthy things you find in your fridge and toss them in.
Tastiest Detox Salad
- 1 bag chopped lettuce mix, I used one with kale, cabbage, carrots and romaine. Already washed
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 sliced avocado
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 – 3 tbsp hempseeds
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, or any nut of choice
- 1/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup blackberries or any berry of choice
- 1/8 cup sliced thinly red or Vidalia onion
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 4 pieces
For the simple dressing:
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- 1 tsp drippy raw honey, or regular honey is fine too.
- 3 tbsp spring or filtered water
- Sea salt and pepper to taste, optional
- In a large serving bowl, toss the lettuce from the bag. Toss gently with tongs.
- Add in all the fixings. You can layer or mix in.
- In a small cup, using a small wire whisk or fork, mix all dressing ingredients. If you want it looser than add more water or thicker add a little more mustard and honey.
- Drizzle dressing and toss gently.
Enjoy the healthy goodness!