If you like egg salad, you will love this easy recipe. I started making this recipe when I lived in Atlanta years ago. I was a caterer and did many luncheons for bridal and baby showers as well as office parties. Egg salad was always on the menu for a luncheon. I got this recipe from a neighbor of mine who made it for me one time. I loved it and started to make it for catering. Now, I make it all the time for my family and when we have company over for brunch. Be sure to check out “5 Easy Steps To Make The Perfect Hard Boiled Egg“
Sweet Southern Egg Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 4 tbsp mayo, I used reduced fat
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt, or use all mayo and leave out the yogurt
- 1 tsp yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea or Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper, or black pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots, or chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup sweet gherkin pickles
- 3 tsp minced sweet onion or shallot
- 8 or 9 hard boiled eggs
- Boil eggs as directed above.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayo, yogurt, mustard until creamy. Add remaining ingredients. Combine well.
- Half eggs and discard 4 of the yolks. Chop then mash until desired consistency.
- Add eggs into dressing. Toss gently.
- Eat right away or cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve up and enjoy!
Note: Can be stored in fridge for two days.