It’s that time of year again. Valentines Day! I usually call it “Chocolate Day” Well, this little treat is no different. It’s got the sweet and salty too. With only 3 ingredients you have a fun and cute treat for the ones you love. Great for gift giving to teachers. The kids can easily help make these and be proud to hand them out.
Sweet & Salty Chocolate Valentine Pretzel Snaps
Nutritionals are approximate for Hugs and Kisses. Candy Melts would be a little lower in fat and calories. Per snap – cal 48.3, fat 2.3 g, carbs 5.1 g, fiber .2 g, sugars 3.9 g, protein .5 g
Ingredients: I didn’t give amounts. You decide how many you want to make at a time.
- Pretzel Snaps
- Hershey Hugs and Kisses
- Wilton White Chocolate Pink Melts
- M&M Candies
- Colored Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside for just a few minutes.
- While the oven is heating up. Unwrap the Kisses and Hugs chocolates. Lay out the amount of Candy Melts you plan on using. Get your sprinkles opened up with a teaspoon ready.
- Lay out the pretzel snaps on lined cookie sheets. Place a candy in the center of each snap and bake for about 2 to 4 minutes. You will see the chocolate get shiny. Try not to over heat the chocolate. (The Candy Melts should only take about 2 minutes since it’s much thinner.)
- Take out of the oven and carefully place cookie sheets on cooling rack on counter. Now, press M&M and sprinkles over each chocolate snap. Let sit on counter to cool completely. Place in fridge for 15 minutes to completely firm up.
- Place in an air tight container or zip lock bag. They will stay for up to 4 days on the counter (If they last that long).