These peanut butter balls are totally decadent and so easy to make. Watch them disappear as soon as you serve them. Enjoy a few without the guilt!
Enjoy these knowing the ingredients are healthy and because of that, have two! I had three! They are rich and decadent with less fat and calories. You would never know it by tasting these yummy gems that they are made with healthy ingredients. Make a batch today. Show someone how special they are with a homemade chocolate gift.
Surprise Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Balls
Yields 16-18 balls
- 1 cup raisins soaked in water for about 15 minutes. Drain off and save some of the liquid. (Surprise ingredient)
- 2/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter, unsalted and unsweetened
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-4 tablespoons oat flour or if you don’t have oat flour, use oats
- 1-2 tbs raisin liquid if needed
- 1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup vegan semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 tsp avocado or canola oil, or any mild tasting oil
- Combine the raisins, peanut butter, salt and vanilla in a food processor or high speed blender. Process until well combined.. Add the oat flour or oats and process until combined.
- Scoop dough using a tablespoon, roll into balls, and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and place a glass bowl over the top. Add the chocolate chips and oil. Stir occasionally until melted.
- Dip the peanut butter balls into the chocolate, and place back on the parchment. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Note: If you have any leftover chocolate, you can put into a Ziploc bag and snip off the corner and decorate the tops.