As easy as this soup is to make it’s that heartwarming delicious to eat. Enjoy every spoonful!
This super easy soup is a staple in my house. It came about by using up leftover rotisserie chicken and white rice I had in the fridge from the night before. My family likes corn so I made that the main veggie in the soup. Give this delicious hearty soup a try soon. It’s sure to be a winner around your house too.
Super Easy Chicken Corn Rice Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion or 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic chopped or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup diced carrots, I used frozen
- 2 stalks celery sliced thin
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 6 cups chicken stock, I used low sodium
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 – 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 all natural chicken bullion, optional
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, optional
- 1/2 tsp sea or kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp white or black pepper
- Heat oil or butter in large pot, add onion and celery cook until softened. Add in carrots and corn. Cook a minute or so.
- Add in chicken stock, water, bullion and paprika if using. Bring to a boil. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add in rice and chicken. Taste for salt and pepper. Cook another 10 minutes. Serve up and ENJOY!