Sriracha brings egg salad to a whole new level of deliciousness. Try this simple recipe and enjoy!
Recently I discovered Sriracha sauce. My daughter told me she uses it in many of her dishes that she makes. My friend Maria said the same thing. I didn’t know what I was missing until I cooked with it the first time. This wonder sauce gives a great depth of flavor to anything you put it in or on. My husband and son don’t usually like anything too spicy and neither do I for that matter. This was not really spicy. It just adds such great flavor to any dish. A little sweet and tangy and just perfect. If you haven’t used this sauce before, go pick it up and try it soon. You will know what I’m talking about once you have it in a dish for the first time.
Sriracha Egg Salad
Yields: 4 servings
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayo, I used light, don’t use fat free for this recipe
- 1 tbsp Sriracha, more to drizzle over top of finished egg salad
- 1/2 tsp white or black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp celery seed or 1 stalk celery diced
- 2 scallions/green onions, rinsed and chopped finely (only use half of the dark green and all of the white)
- Boil eggs, see “5 simple steps to make the perfect hard boiled eggs” http://pamsdailydish.com/five-easy-steps-to-make-the-perfect-hard-boiled-egg/
- In a large mixing bowl, cut up eggs then mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Add in mayo, gently stir in then mash again. Add in Sriracha then seasonings then toss in scallions. Mix in gently.
- You can eat right away but the flavors meld so nicely when chilled. Cover in plastic wrap and let sit in fridge for 2 hours if possible. (Up to 24 hours)
- Plate up and drizzle Sriracha over finished egg salad. Enjoy!!