These cookies became a family favorite recently and are requested whenever we all get together.
Sprinkled Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 room temperature large or extra large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tbsp instant vanilla pudding mix (dry)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, semisweet or milk chocolate
- Colored and chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until combined. Add egg and vanilla extract. Now add, flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Mix well to combine all ingredients. Fold in chips. Make sure you dig deep down to mix in all the batter with the chips. Place in fridge for 5 minutes.
- With a small to medium cookie scoop, place dough 1 inch apart from each other. Press down on each cookie just slightly. Sprinkle your favorite sprinkles over each cookie. Bake about 10 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.