This really simple “Spooky Eyeball Meatball Casserole, is always a hit with my family. It’s fun to make and really hearty and delicious. Enjoy every spooky bite!
This casserole is really easy to prepare and the kids and hubby got a big kick out of it. Surprise your family and eat up, it’s delish!
Spooky Eyeball Meatball Casserole
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 box penne pasta
- 1 jar approx. 25 ounce size of your favorite bottled marinara sauce
- 15 meatballs, I used Trader Joe’s frozen turkey meatballs
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle garlic powder
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese
- 5 fresh mozzarella balls, cut in half
- 15-18 small black olives, cut into slices
- Cut up peppers, about 1/2 cup, any colors
- Ketchup for drizzling
Want to make this delicious casserole year round? Here’s the link for a plain version… Shortcut Meatball Pasta Bake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, have a casserole or baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook pasta to al dente. Try not to over cook and make too soft. Drain and pour into casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over pasta and gently mix in.
- Microwave the meatballs just until they are not frozen solid and cut up 6 of them into quarters and mix into pasta.
- Toss in the parmesan and grated cheddar along with the garlic powder. Mix gently. Now, mix in the cut up peppers.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until hot. You will probably see some bubbling. Take out, let sit on the counter for a few minutes.
- Place the cheese halves on top of each meatball then the olive. Now you can drizzle the ketchup around the cheese balls.