This recipe was created by my beautiful daughter Tori, and I. We love being in the kitchen together and I had so much fun making this with her. She loves cooking and baking and creating her own special dishes, just like her Mom! We started off with fresh strawberries and ended up with this delish skinny treat filled with cream and drizzled with chocolate. The end result is beautiful and is great to serve at parties, or to whip up quickly after school for the kids to enjoy. I hope you enjoy this refreshing fruity treat! Please comment and let me know what you think.
PS- These are so low in calories, fat and carbs that you could have 2 strawberries without the guilt!
Nutrition: calories 41, fat 2.2 g, carbs 4 g, fiber 1 g, sugar 3.6 g, sodium 40.7 mg, protein 1.1 g
Strawberries And Cream Drizzled With Dark Chocolate
Makes 8 strawberries
- 8 medium to large strawberries — washed and dried off with paper towels
- 3 tbsp whipped cream cheese
- 2 tbsp fat free cream cheese that has been softened a little at room temperature
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar, or more to taste if needed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp mini chocolate chips
- After your strawberries are washed and dried, hull them and cut a small slice off the end to make them look neat. If you don’t have a tool that can take the small core out you may use a small paring knife to make a small hole and cut off the thin slice. Set the strawberries aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the whipped cream cheese, fat free cream cheese and powdered sugar with a small whisk or a rubber spatula. Add in the vanilla extract and mix again.
- A pastry bag and tip is really helpful for this recipe. It is worth going to the craft store to purchase a plastic tip for about a dollar or so and it can be washed and used over and over. Snip the bottom of a pastry bag or zip lock bag and place the tip all the way down in the bag. Then fill the bag with the cream mixture. If you don’t have a tip you can fill the bag with the cream and snip off the corner at the bottom of the bag.
- Fill each strawberry with the cream. You will have more than enough to fill each strawberry so go ahead and overfill a little as long as it looks neat.
- Put the strawberries away in the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt the chocolate for about 20 seconds and mix. Heat in the microwave once more if the chocolate not melted through. Repeat for about 10-15 seconds and mix until smooth, if needed.
- Take a small zip lock sandwich size bag and fill with the chocolate. Tilt the bag while doing this so that the chocolate is all the way to one side on the bottom. Snip off a small corner of the bag and drizzle over the strawberries until all of them have a nice design. Place back in fridge until set (this should only take a few minutes).