So Simple Cinnamon Bread Pudding
A simple recipe for a delicious classic dessert. Enjoy the warm spices of cinnamon in this delectable baked bread pudding. Great for breakfast, brunch and dessert. Enjoy!
- 7 ounces French or Italian Bread found in the bakery department at the grocery store
- 1 cup egg beaters or store brand
- 2 cups milk, I used 2 %, almond milk works too
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- whipped cream or whipped topping, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have ready a 9 x 9 non stick pan sprayed with cooking spray ready.
1.Cut the bread in cubes and toast in the oven for about 5-10 minutes.
2.In a large bowl whisk the Egg Beaters, milk, vanilla, salt and cinnamon until well combined. Set aside.
3.Toss the toasted bread in the prepared pan and then pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes. Press down with a spatula or clean hands until the mixture has covered the bread. Some pieces will pop up but that’s fine.
4. Pour the melted butter over the pudding.
5.Sprinkle the 4 tablespoons brown sugar over the top.
6.Bake for about 35-40 minutes. Turn the pan around half way through baking time. A tooth pick should come out clean and the pudding should be golden brown. Let sit a few minutes and then spoon out 9 servings.