Submitted by: Crystal Sykes, Simply Playful Fare
Another great slow cooker recipe to warm you from head to toe! This delectable soup is fully satisfying with healthy homemade turkey meatballs and frozen vegetables. My favorite part is that dinner is ready and waiting when I come back from the office.
For detailed step-by-step pictures, click here to visit Crystal’s website.
- 1 package (1 ¼ pound) Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey
- 4 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (I use a blend of seasoned and non-seasoned ones)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 Carton (32 oz) chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 ½ cups frozen green beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning Blend
- Get out your good old reliable crock pot. We used our 5 quart crock pot. Take the turkey and roll it gently into meatballs. Make them any size you like. Place them gently in to the bottom of the crock pot.
- Cover the turkey with the diced onion, garlic, and Italian Seasoning Blend.
- Drain the canned tomatoes slightly. I usually just open the can and pour off the liquid. I don’t press the lid down to squeeze out any extra juice. You want a little of that stuff in your soup. Add all the tomatoes to the crock pot. Add the chicken stock.
- Put a lid on it and let it cook. We cook ours on low, so it takes about 7 hours. The important thing is to make sure the meatballs are cooked and the liquid has reached a temperature of at least 175 degrees.
- About an hour or so before consuming, you want to add all your frozen veggies. Because they are frozen, they will chill the soup pretty hard core. You want the soup to come back up to temperature before eating.