This is a simple and oh so delicious slow cooker chicken recipe. Grab some pantry ingredients along with some fresh for a simply wonderful meal. Enjoy!
Using my slow cooker/crockpot is the best way to have dinner on the table when I get home at the end of a busy day. This dish was so easy, I just threw together what I had in the pantry, fridge and freezer. Great for those busy weeknights when you know there’s no time to start preparing something healthy, hearty and appetizing everyone will enjoy. Simple ingredients make up a delightful meal.
Slow Cooker Chicken with Baby Spinach and Carrots
Yields: 4 servings
Calories per serving: 216
- 4 -6 skinless, bones removed chicken breast
- 1 package store bought baby spinach, already washed
- 1/2 – 3/4 bag baby carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 clove frozen or fresh garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker, sprinkle with salt, pepper, dried basil, garlic, onion and turmeric powders. Add chopped onions and crushed garlic.
- Add chicken stock and crushed tomatoes.
- Turn to high and let cook for about 6 to 8 hours. You will know it’s ready when the chicken is nice and tender and cooked through with no pink spots.
- About an hour before finished, add baby spinach. Let wilt down and soften but still keep its vibrant color.