My daughter Tori loves Oreos and white chocolate. She is one of my recipes tasters and gives me some great suggestions for new recipes so I made this one just for her. If she gave these cookies a thumbs up then I would go ahead with the recipe; she loved them — thanks Tori! You are probably thinking that you can go to the market and buy this very same thing around the holidays, and the truth is you probably can. The problem is that the fat and calories of the store bought version are very high. Yikes! Our trick is just dipping the top of the cookie with the chocolate and using reduced fat Oreos. You will still get the wonderful taste without all of those extra calories and fat. Enjoy!
Nutrition: calories 166, fat 6.8 g, carbs 18 g, fiber 0.8 g, sugar 9.6 g, sodium 126 mg, protein 1.5 g, Weight Watchers PointsPlus® 5
White Chocolate Dipped Oreo Cookies
Makes 5 Servings
- 10 reduced fat Oreo sandwich cookies
- 6 servings (1 oz each) white Ghirardelli chocolate – You can use another brand as well. I like the way Ghirardelli melts. Do not use white chips or morsels because they will not melt properly.
- 1/2 tsp canola oil
- Colored sprinkles (optional)
- Have a tray lined with wax paper ready to go.
- Break up the squares of chocolate just a bit and place in a microwave safe bowl along with the small amount of oil.
- Heat in microwave for 30 seconds. After, mix gently with a small rubber spatula. Put back in the microwave for another 20 seconds. Take out and mix again. The chocolate should almost be completely melted by now. Keep mixing to melt the pieces into the already melted chocolate.
- If you have to, put back in for 10 more seconds until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Gently mix to cool off for about a minute or two.
- With the spatula, try to shift all of the melted chocolate in one section of the bowl. Dip one cookie at a time into the chocolate. You may want to smooth out with the spatula.
- Continue to do this until all the chocolate is on all 10 cookies. You will have a nice thick coating on each cookie. Sprinkle on decorations (optional)
- Cool in fridge for at least a half hour and they will be ready to go!