This is my daughter’s favorite brownie recipe; I have made this so many times in the past when she had friends come to visit. Over the past few years, I changed the recipe to adapt to the “skinny way”. She insisted I make them this way for her and her friends. We did a taste test one day and both my daughter and a few of her friends liked this version so much more.
So here is another Skinny Sweets Daily brownie recipe that I hope you and your family will enjoy. By the way, that’s my beautiful daughter, Tori’s, hand in the picture. She was being a smarty pants while I was trying to take the pictures. I think she wanted to show off her new manicure. I liked the way the picture came out so I decided to use it.
Nutrition: calories 82.8, fat 1.8 g, carbs 16.2 g, fiber 0.7 g, sugar 11.4 g, sodium 68.1 mg, protein 1.1
Malted Milk Ball Brownie Triangles
Makes 32 brownie triangles
- 1 box Chocolate Brownie Mix, I used Ghirardelli double chocolate for this recipe
- 3 -4 tbsp malted milk powder, I liked this brand the best Hoosier Hill Farm
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, I like Ghirardelli
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters or store brand
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, I really like this organic brand
- 1/4 cup water — or until it reaches the consistency of a brownie batter
- 1/2 heaping cup of Malted milk balls — cut into small and medium chunks
- Powdered sugar for garnish — optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray on the bottom and sides and set aside until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the brownie mix, milk powder and cocoa powder (and try to get the lumps out).
- Add the next five ingredients, switch over to a rubber spatula and mix well. Make sure you reach all the way down to the bottom of the bowl to get any dry ingredients to incorporate well into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth to make even all around.
- Toss half of the pieces of milk balls all around. With a knife, swirl them into the batter but be sure not to mix to the bottom.
- Place the pan on the middle rack into the oven and bake for about 22 to 28 minutes. You don’t want to over bake them.
- After about 10 minutes, open the oven; pull the rack out and carefully sprinkle the rest of the pieces all around. Turn the pan around and slide the rack back in and finish baking.
- A wooden skewer or toothpick should come out with moist crumbs.
- Cool to room temperature or completely and cut into 16 squares (with a plastic knife) and then cut diagonally into 32 triangles.
Other Fabulous Brownie Recipes: