No Bake Frozen Oreo Peanut Butter Bars – These bars are so yummy with Oreos, melted chocolate and peanut butter. An easy recipe that you will want to pop out of the freezer and enjoy!
I love, love, love this recipe and so does everyone who I have made it for. I have cut the fat by using an all natural powdered peanut butter. You can find this in the peanut butter section at most markets. Target now carries this and health food stores, Whole Foods as well. Just add cold water and presto – it’s the peanut butter we all love only with significantly less fat and calories. You can substitute creamy peanut butter or reduced fat peanut butter if you like. I posted under ingredients. Enjoy these yummy bars.
No Bake Frozen Oreo Peanut Butter Bars
- 5-7 Oreo cookies ground in a mini chopper or food processor.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 heaping Tbsp powdered PB 2 mixed with about 3 Tbsp of cold water (or more if needed. It should match the consistency of creamy peanut butter) or 4 -5 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp bittersweet or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp milk or half and half
- Line a loaf pan with wax paper (spray with cooking spray first). Make sure you have some wax paper overhanging on the long sides for easy lifting.
- Combine the ground Oreos oats and sugar in a bowl, and stir in the melted butter.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the PB 2.
- Transfer mixture to the loaf pan. Press down contents into an even layer.
- Refrigerate until firm. About 15 minutes.
- Rinse out the container from the food processor and dry completely. Mix the cream cheese until it starts to look fluffy. Add vanilla, and the remaining PB 2 until even more fluffy.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the firmed cookie mixture and freeze for about 15 minutes.
- In a small microwave bowl heat milk until it looks like it’s about to boil (should take about 30 seconds). Pour the hot milk over the chocolate chips and stir until it makes a thick sauce. Wait a few minutes for the sauce to cool.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the chilled layers and put loaf pan back into the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Lift the wax paper up and cut into 8 bars.