Last Sunday was an overcast day here on Long Island. My son and I were home alone while my husband took our daughter out to practice driving. It was almost time to go out to dinner and I wanted to make a healthy dessert instead of going out for ices or ice cream after dinner. I went to the fridge to see what ingredients I could use, and since I always have yogurt in the house I knew I should make something frozen.
My son and I combined items that we found in my pantry and fridge with the yogurt to make this yummy frozen dessert. It was a special treat to sit around the kitchen table with my family and enjoy these sweets together. It felt good knowing I was giving the ones I love something healthy to snack on. I hope your family enjoys them as much as we do.
Nutrition: calories 67, fat 1.9 g, carbs 11.2 g, fiber 0.7 g, sugar 9.2 g, sodium 31.4 mg, protein 2.2 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 2
Frozen Chocolate Chip Banana Yogurt Pops
Makes 8 yogurt pops
- 6 ounce container yogurt, fat free vanilla flavor
- 3/4 cup low fat chocolate milk
- 1 large or 2 small ripe banana(s)
- 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 1 packet Stevia all natural sweetener or your choice of sweetener, or leave out
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 small pieces of aluminum foil
- 8 3 ounce paper cups
- 8 wooden popsicle sticks
- Have a round cake pan on hand and place 8 small paper cups in the pan ready to be filled.
- Place the yogurt, chocolate milk, vanilla, SweetLeaf, and banana(s) in a blender, food processor, or mini food chopper. Process until smooth.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of the chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle the remaining tbsp of chocolate chips on the bottom of each empty cup.
- Pour mixture evenly into paper cups. Cover tops with small pieces of aluminum foil and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan out of the freezer. Make a small slit in the middle of the foil with a knife and insert a popsicle stick in the center.
- Freeze once more until completely firm. This could take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours.
- When ready, peel off the foil, peel away the paper cup, and enjoy this healthy treat!