I really like this simple basic chicken recipe. Sometimes all you are in the mood for is just that. A simple home cooked meal that’s easy to throw together and hits the spot. This is perfect for two adults alone or two adults and a child. My husband son and I had this last night for dinner. Served over brown rice and a veggie on the side. Nothing fancy, just delicious and perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
Simply Seasoned Oven Roasted Chicken Breasts
Yields 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric, this adds a mild flavor and nice golden color.
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic and onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper, optional. This gives a little kick of flavor.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle a little extra olive oil in a medium baking pan. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients. Using a fork or your fingers mix until combined.
- Rinse chicken breasts in cold water then pat dry with paper towels. Lay in baking pan. Drizzle oil over chicken. Rub in and under chicken to coat all sides. Sprinkle seasonings and rub that in all over as well.
- Cover lightly with foil. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400 degrees. Take foil off and continue to bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until juices run clear and internal temperature runs 165 degrees.
- Let rest for about 7 minutes before cutting.
Enjoy this delicious, healthy dinner.