These Simple Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Granola Bars are a real treat around my house. Even though they are made with all healthy ingredients, they taste so yummy! Bake up a batch of these gems, great for anytime of day. Enjoy!
Here is an easy and healthy granola bar recipe that’s great any time of day. I whipped this up last night and it was great for a grab and go breakfast today. Also, a great after school snack. Each bar has a nice amount of fiber. It is low sugar and low carb as well. Has healthy ingredients that comes out so yummy!
Simple Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Granola Bars
Yields: 16 bars
Calories: 180, fat 6 g, fiber 3.4 g, protein 4.2 g
- 4 cups old fashioned oats, not the quick cooking or instant
- 3/4 cups canned pumpkin, not pie filling
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, you can sub brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey, use a good quality for best taste
- 1 4 ounce jar baby food applesauce
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 – 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon mixed with 1 tbsp. coconut sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven 325 degrees, line a 13 X 9 inch pan with cooking spray and then parchment paper, then spray again. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips and the cinnamon sugar) one at a time and stir after each add in.
- Mix well with a rubber spatula and make sure you scoop way down into the bowl to mix all the oatmeal into the mixture.
- Once you have all incorporated well, pour into the prepared pan and with clean hands, press down and move around to go right into the corners of the pan. Make sure it’s level for even baking.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and place on top shelf of the oven. Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes. Turn the pan around after 15 minutes. You want the top to look lightly browned but not burnt.
- Take out of the oven and place on cooling rack. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture and let cool completely.
- When cooled, cut into 16 squares.
Enjoy this delicious treat!