My family loves this recipe. I usually make it once a month. Sometimes I add in chicken, shrimp or even tofu. Most of the time, they like it just as is with lots of veggies. Give this simple recipe a try, it’s delicious!
Simple Stir Fry Veggie Sesame Noodles
- 16 ounce package spaghetti or linguini noodles
- 4-6 cloves garlic chopped finely or minced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp canola, avocado or grapeseed oil
- 6 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp chili sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots, I used the bag from the market
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4- 6 green onions/scallions chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp white sesame seeds, toasted in dry pan for just about a minute or until you see a slight golden color. Try not to over toast or burn
- dash ground black pepper
- cilantro, chopped, optional
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Read package for complete directions. When cooked, drain and place in a large serving bowl, cover with foil. Set aside.
- Place a large non stick pan over medium to high heat. Add vegetable oil then onions, garlic and carrots. Cook until onions are transparent.
- Add in all the other ingredients except toppings. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar and all is combined.
- Pour over cooked pasta and toss gently but well until all the pasta is coated. I used tongs and then two spoons.
- Garnish with toppings.
Enjoy this really delicious dish!