If you are like me and love restaurant Greek salads, you will absolutely love this simple homemade version along with a light tangy dressing. (Dressing recipe below but photo of dressing is not shown)
Simple Restaurant Style Greek Salad
Servings – 1 large salad
- 3 cups chopped or sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cups mixed greens, whatever is your preference
- 1/2 cup sliced red or green pepper
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets, optional
- 1/4 cup cubed cucumbers
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, either crumbled or cut into large chunks
- celery and carrots sticks, optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp or more red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- dash garlic and onion powder
- 1/4 Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tbp cold water if needed for consistency
- 1/2 tsp honey, optional
- In a large serving bowl layer all veggies starting with lettuces.
- Crumble cheese over top of salad.
- Toss all dressing ingredients a small mason jar or any clean empty jar. Shake well. Pour desired amount over salad.
- Toss and enjoy!