These bars are sure to become a favorite around your home like they are around mine. Who can resist Nutella? Enjoy!
There are a bunch of Nutella recipes on this blog and a few crumb bar recipes too. This is my newest crumb bar that’s hard to resist. It is the easiest recipe that tastes out of this world. The bars travel well and make a great picnic dessert and pot luck dinner dessert. Best of all they are the perfect anytime dessert that everyone will love.
Simple Nutella Crumble Bars
Yields 9-12 bars
- 1 stick unsalted butter cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp granulated sugar, I used cane sugar
- 3/4 cup oats, quick or old fashioned
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp fine sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 – 1 cup Nutella or any chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray an 8×8 square baking pan with cooking or baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Mix with a whisk to break up any clumps.
- Toss in butter chunks. Using your cool fingers or a pastry cutter, combine until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Press half of the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Press to the corners.
- Bake for 8 minutes. While baking, soften Nutella in the microwave in a microwave safe dish for about 15 to 20 seconds. Stir then spread over bottom layer of crumble. Use an offset spatula if needed to spread evenly.
- Crumble the remaining mixture over the Nutella. Bake for another 20 to 25 minutes or until the top turns light brown.
- Place pan on a wire cooling rack to cool. When bars are almost completely cool, melt chips with coconut oil in a microwave safe measuring cup for 20 second intervals. Stir until smooth and shiny. Pour from measuring cup or drizzle with a fork over bars. Let set up either on counter or place in fridge for 5 minutes. When set, cut into bars and ENJOY!