Do you have a favorite restaurant that has the best spinach dip? We do right in the town I live in. One day I asked the waiter what they put in the dip? He gave me the main ingredients without amounts and I took it from there. My husband and son said I nailed it. This is so simple to throw together and so creamy and cheesy. I used low fat cheeses and it came out great. Try it anytime and especially for a big game or when company comes to visit. Is sure will be a big hit!
Simple Cheesy Baked Spinach Dip
Servings 8 – 1/4 cup per serving
- 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach or 2 cups thawed spinach
- 1/4 cup mayo, I used light, not fat free
- 1/2 cup sour cream, I used light, not fat free
- 1/3 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 heaping cup mozzarella cheese, I used half cup fat free and 1/2 cup part skim or use all part skim cheese
- pinch salt, optional
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder1/4 – 1/3 finely chopped green onions/scallions or 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside
- Squeeze out as much water from spinach. Set aside while you mix up all other ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients until well combined. Add spinach. Make sure you break up the spinach to incorporate into mixture.
- Place mixture in prepared baking dish. Bake for about 25 minutes. You may see some bubbling on the corners of the dish and a little browning on top. If needed, put back in oven for another 5 or 10 minutes until all cheese is melted.
- Take out and serve with your favorite cracker and chips. ENJOY!