Looking for an easy weeknight meal the whole family will love? Look no further. This chicken recipe is delicious and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Enjoy the juicy chicken and buttery noodles.
This chicken dish is a great weeknight meal since it’s so easy to throw together. I buy the chicken thighs already skinned and boned so that saves time on busy nights. I used yolkless noodles for this recipe but regular egg noodles would be so tasty. Toss in frozen peas and in no time at all you have a delicious dinner your whole family will love.
Simple Baked Chicken Thighs with Noodles and Peas
Yields: 4 servings
- 8 skinless, boned chicken thighs
- sea or kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice, optional
- 12 ounce package egg noodles or yolkless noodles
- 1 small box frozen peas
- 1 to 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea or kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, have a baking pan sprayed with olive oil cooking spray ready to go, set aside.
- Rinse chicken pieces under cold water, lay on paper towels and pat dry.
- Place chicken in pan, drizzle oil over pieces. Season with salt, pepper, turmeric, garlic and onion powder. Squeeze lemon juice over chicken if using.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Thighs cook up fast. Check that juices run clear and chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees. If chicken needs more time, place back in the oven for 10 minutes. If the tops are getting to dark, place foil loosely over chicken.
- Take out of oven and let rest for about 8 to 10 minutes. Then, place foil over chicken to keep warm.
- The last 10 minutes of chicken in the oven, boil up noodles and place peas in microwave. Follow directions on both packages.
- Drain noodles, drizzle the 1 tablespoon oil and butter over noodles, gently toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate up noodles then place chicken on top and toss the peas around.