Simple Baked Chicken Teriyaki – Simple to prepare and oh so delicious. Enjoy!
The other day my local market had a sale on skinless/boneless chicken thighs. I bought a couple of packages and froze one for another time and made this simple delicious dish that evening for dinner. All ingredients were from my pantry so, it couldn’t be easier. Try this simple recipe soon. My family loved it and bet so will yours.
Simple Baked Chicken Teriyaki
Makes 4 servings, 2 thighs each
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black or white pepper, I used white pepper for this recipe
- 1/8 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/4 cup low sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 1/8 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a deep baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- After opening package of chicken, rinse in cold water then pat dry with paper towels. Trim any fat or skin on the chicken. It’s okay if there’s still a little left on each piece.
- Lay each piece in baking dish. Sprinkle all the powders, salt and pepper over each piece. You can turn over and sprinkle on bottom as well.
- Mix teriyaki, honey and water in a small bowl or glass measuring cup. Use a fork or mini whisk to combine.
- Pour over chicken. Cover loosely with foil. Place on middle rack of oven and bake for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes, spoon sauce over chicken. Put back foil and continue to bake. Remove foil, bake another 10 minutes. Then carefully put under broiler just until tops turn color. Maybe 3 minutes. Keep an eye not to let burn.
- Remove from oven. Take pieces out of pan and place on a serving plate. Juices should run clear. If you have a thermometer, chicken should read 165 degrees. *Note: You can thicken up sauce with a tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water. Mix into sauce. Put back in oven until thickened. I didn’t serve the chicken with the sauce this time. ENJOY!
Great served with brown rice and broccoli or any veggie!