This delicious snack cake is a one bowl recipe. I guess you can call this a “dump cake” Takes a short time to prepare and is just delicious. Made with wholesome ingredients that happen to be grain free and Paleo too. Enjoy as a breakfast or dessert. It’s great anytime of day.
Simple Apple Almond Snack Cake
Ingredients: Serves 12
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup sifted arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple pie spice found at most markets and Target or Walmart
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup maple syrup I like Grade B, it’s thicker. Or, honey
- 1 packet stevia optional for more sweetness
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp – 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium to large apple diced, I used a Gala apple
- 2 tbsp coconut or date sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9 x 9 baking pan with coconut oil or wipe with any vegetable oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, pour all dry ingredients in. Mix with whisk to break up any clumps.
- Add the wet ingredients one at a time and gently mix. Try not to over mix the batter. Dig down to the bottom of the bowl and make sure you get all dry ingredients incorporated into wet.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Smooth out and sprinkle on topping.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. Check after 22 minutes. Top should be slightly brown. A toothpick should come out clean or with dry crumbs. When you press the top of the cake it should spring back slightly.
- Let cool at least 15 to 20 minutes. Cut into 12 pieces.