Homemade pizza is great. Using a store bought crust cuts prep time and you still have a tasty pizza everyone will love. Bake one up soon and enjoy!
I think everyone loves pizza. It’s very easy to order and have one delivered or pick one up on the way home from work. But, not everyone likes the same toppings or any toppings for that matter. We still go out for pizza at least once a month. There are many store bought ready made pizza crusts on the market. Now, once a week, I purchase a different crust and make up a homemade pizza either in individual sizes or one large for my family. If we all decide on the same topping or toppings it’s a large one. If we all want something different, it’s individual crusts. Here’s our basic pizza that happens to be delicious. Everyone loves this one. Simplicity at it’s best.
Shortcut Homemade Pizza Recipe
Yields 4 to 6 servings
- store bought pizza crust, for this recipe I used a 12 inch Boboli crust
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup or more to taste homemade or favorite jar pasta/pizza sauce, here’s two of our favorite homemade sauce recipes….http://pamsdailydish.com/kid-friendly-spaghetti-dinner/ & http://pamsdailydish.com/simple-rigatoni-with-light-creamy-tomato-sauce/
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, I used part skim for this recipe
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil coarsely chopped
- Remove crust from wrapper, place on cookie sheet or pizza stone. (For crispier crust, place right on oven rack with a cookie sheet under for any spillovers)
- Brush crust with 1 tbsp olive oil
- Top with sauce of choice, then mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on basil and 1 tbsp olive oil over entire pizza.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes. Check after 8 minutes. Enjoy!!