You are going to love how easy this recipe is. A moist and delicious cake that looks beautiful for company and easy enough for a weeknight dessert. Enjoy!
With this shortcut recipe, you will have a most delicious cake that’s sure to be a hit with anyone who likes carrot or apple cake. The perfect combo made so simply using this shortcut method. No grating carrots and no cutting up apples. Check out how it’s made. It’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends as it is with mine. The cake presents very well and it would be a great option for a buffet dessert bar or to shine as the main dessert.
Shortcut Apple Carrot Bundt Cake with Marshmallow Cream Cheese Icing
Yields 14 pieces
- 4- 4 oz jars baby carrots
- 1- 4 oz jar baby applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp canola, avocado or grapeseed oil
- 1- 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained very well (save the juice for later)
- 1 tbsp of the reserved pineapple juice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour, or use all purpose flour in its place
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened at room temp, I used reduced fat cream cheese for this recipe
- 3/4 cup marshmallow fluff
- 3/4 – 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp milk of choice, non dairy works too
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice, optional
- orange zest to your liking for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have a Bundt pan ready and sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the following with a rubber spatula: carrots, applesauce, eggs, pineapple, juice, vanilla, sugar, zest, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix completely until well combined. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into baking pan and try to make sure it’s even all around.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes. Turn pan around after 25 minutes for even baking. Take the cake out after 45 minutes and check with a toothpick or wooden skewer. It should come out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Let cool in the pan on a cooling rack while you are getting the frosting ready.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cream cheese, marshmallow cream (spray the measuring cup with cooking spray for easy removal). Mix with a hand held electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add the vanilla extract. Slowly add the powdered sugar along with 1 tbsp of milk. After all the sugar is in, add the second tbsp of milk (if needed) and the pineapple juice. After, use a rubber spatula to mix the frosting. Set aside.
- Use a plate to invert the cake and remove from bundt pan. Drizzle the icing over the cake and garnish with the orange zest. Enjoy!!