This simple and delicious chicken dish is one I serve regularly for my family. It’s also a dish I serve at many holiday dinners. As easy as this recipe is, it also looks and tastes divine and is perfect for a dinner party or potluck dinner.
Roasted Seasoned Chicken Breast and New Potatoes
- 4 medium skinless chicken breasts on the bone
- 12 small new potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed up
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper or white pepper
- 1 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced or 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees, spray a medium to large baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Rinse chicken in cold water and pat dry with paper towels, place in baking pan.
- Wash potatoes in cold water, if needed use a potato scrub brush. Dry with paper towels and place around chicken in baking pan.
- In a glass measuring cup, add olive oil, lemon juice and all spices. Using a fork or small whisk, combine well. Pour over chicken and potatoes. Using a fork, lift up the chicken and get some of the mixture under each piece.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Take off foil, spoon sauce over chicken and bake another 15 – 30 minutes more without the foil. Chicken should be roasted on top and juices should run clear. Using an instant thermometer should read 165 degrees.
- Take out of oven and let chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a veggie and you have a nice balanced meal.