Submitted By: Jessica Flatley
This recipe might be the best dish I have ever created, gluten free or otherwise. I cannot describe how fresh and delightful the flavors are, paired with light gluten free grains that leave you feeling satisfied and nothing short of happy. This is one of my go to recipes when I need to bring a dish to a potluck or holiday, as it is quick and easy to cook in large quantities. Just the colors of these ingredients alone make me smile.
Check out the original post for more photos and information on this delicious quinoa salad!
Quinoa Salad with Feta, Pomegranate Seeds and Raisins
Makes 2 servings
- 1/4 c. Pomegranate Seeds
- 1/2 c. Feta Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Mint
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Parsley
- 1 c. Organic White Quinoa
- 1/4 c. Raisins
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Rinse and drain the white quinoa thoroughly in cold water before cooking.
- Place 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to a simmer, cover the pot, and cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Prepare the herbs and fruits while the quinoa is cooking.
- First, make the dressing. Chop the mint and parsley into fine, flat pieces and combine with the sea salt and pepper. Zest 1 tsp. of lemon, then cut the lemon in half and juice one piece for 1 tbsp. of lemon juice. Add the lemon juice, zest and olive oil to the herbs and spices.
- Next, measure the raisins, feta cheese and pomegranate seeds.
- Mix it all together in a large bowl, making sure to coat all of the ingredients with the lemon olive oil and herbs.
- And voila! A delicious and healthy meal that can be served as a main course, appetizer and even a snack. You can pair this with grilled chicken or lamb to add more protein.
- If you have extra pomegranate seeds, try out my phenomenal dairy free ice cream with baklava and pomegranate seed topping or my gluten free breakfast cereal with fruit topping. Enjoy!