For a fun and simple food craft, try this yummy treat out. The kids will have so much fun dipping and decorating. We decided to use baked ruffles chips. They held up better than regular chips especially with the ridges and were healthier yet tasted great!
Quick & Easy Chocolate Dipped Patriotic Potato Chips
- Ruffles Oven Baked Potato Chips, we used half a bag
- 6 to 8 ounces chocolate chips of choice, we used milk and dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, optional
- Patriotic sprinkles or jimmies, regular or in star shapes
- Red white and blue M&M candies, we found them at Target and Walmart
- Patriotic cupcake liners, optional
- Have a rimmed cookie sheet lined with a Silpat, parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave bowl, melt your chocolate or chocolate of choice in two separate bowls. If using the coconut oil, put a half teaspoon in each bowl with the chocolate. Microwave for 30 seconds. Take out, stir with a rubber spatula. Put back for another 20 seconds. Stir again. Do this for another 15 to 20 seconds. Stir until chocolate is smooth and shiny.
- Have your candies and sprinkles in small bowls with your chips all ready to be dipped.
- Dip half way up each chip on one or both sides of chips. With fingers toss sprinkles over chocolate.
- With the M&Ms lay those down on one side of melted chocolate. You can also fill in spaced with the sprinkles.
Have fun with this project and change around the colors for any occasion. Crunch, crunch and yum!
Note: Highlighted ingredients and supplies are ones I used for this recipe and many of my other recipes. They are only suggestions. 🙂