Submitted by: Veronica Gantley
There is more variations on the quiche than I care to count. Of course my favorite is Quiche Lorraine.
Sometimes during Lent I substitute the bacon for bacos. It is almost as good and a great no meat alternative to breakfast lunch or dinner. It is also better for you.
Makes 1 pie
- 6 strips cooked bacon
- 1 9-inch pie shell store bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large eggs and just enough milk to make 1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Break up the pieces of bacon and put them in the bottom of the pie shell. Sprinkle all but a tablespoon of cheese over the bacon.
- In a 2 cup measuring bowl add salt, pepper, nutmeg, eggs and enough milk to make 1 1/2 cups. Whisk to combine. Pour it over the bacon and cheese to within 1/8 of an inch to the rim.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and bake 30-35 minutes in a oven until puffed and browned.