This delectable bar has the perfect amount of sweetness, saltiness and crunch. Everyone loves these and so will you! Bake up a batch today and taste for yourself. Then, share with the ones you love.
Sweet & Salty Pecan Pie Bars
- For the crust
- 1 1/2 sticks of cold unstilted butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- For the filling
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- pinch of salt to 1/2 tsp
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 13 x 9 baking pan with foil then butter
- In a food processor blend crust ingredients until mixture resembles coarse sand. Add 2 tbsp cold water until dough just holds together
- Press dough in the prepared baking pan and bake until golden – 20 to 25 minutes
- In a stand mixer cream until fluffy the butter, sugar and a pinch of salt. Add corn syrup, flour and pecans. Mix until combined.
- Spread filling over baked crust. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden.
- Use foil to pull the bar out of the pan to cool completely
- Cut and store up to 2 days