Thank you to my dearest friend Regina for sharing this fabulous recipe. These pecan bars are simple to make and are the perfect sweet and salty dessert. Everyone you serve these to will love them. Enjoy!
This delectable bar has the perfect amount of sweetness, saltiness and crunch. Everyone loves these and so will you! Bake up a batch today and taste for yourself. Then, share with the ones you love.
Sweet & Salty Pecan Pie Bars
For the crust
- 1 1/2 sticks of cold unstilted butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
For the filling
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- pinch of salt to 1/2 tsp
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 13 x 9 baking pan with foil then butter
- In a food processor blend crust ingredients until mixture resembles coarse sand. Add 2 tbsp cold water until dough just holds together
- Press dough in the prepared baking pan and bake until golden – 20 to 25 minutes
- In a stand mixer cream until fluffy the butter, sugar and a pinch of salt. Add corn syrup, flour and pecans. Mix until combined.
- Spread filling over baked crust. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden.
- Use foil to pull the bar out of the pan to cool completely
- Cut and store up to 2 days