These bars are a snap to make with pantry ingredients. By using a cookie mix, you save so much time not having to sift and measure flour and all the other ingreidents that go into baking cookies and bars. Don’t get me wrong, I love baking from scratch. But, sometimes we are in a rush or just want a quick dessert and it’s easy to grab some ingredients from our pantry and fridge. This recipe is sure to be a big hit with everyone. It’s under our category, Occasional indulgences because, sometimes we just want to indulge a little at times.
Pantry Sugar Cookie Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Bars
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix, I used Betty Crocker
- 1 stick unsalted butter or vegan margarine softened
- 1 large or extra large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea or kosher salt, optional
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, I used Hershey’s Semisweet Baking Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, I used Hershey’s Butterscotch Baking Chips
- 1 small white chocolate candy bar, chopped into small to medium pieces, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly spray an 13 X 9 glass baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cookie mix with butter, egg, vanilla and salt if adding. Mix with a heavy wooden spoon or spatula until dough forms.
- Stir in chips and chopped chocolate. You may need to use your hands to help the chips incorporate all the chips and chopped chocolate into the dough.
- Spread dough into pan. With hands, make sure it’s even and level.
- Bake for about 20 to 24 minutes. Should be lightly golden brown on top.
- Place on cooling rack and let cool completely. At least 45 minutes to 1 hour. When cooled, cut into 24 bars. ENJOY!!
Note: Ingredients highlighted are ones I used in this recipe. They are only suggestions.