A dump cake and pantry cake all in one! This is the easiest recipe that’s full of great taste. Grab that cake mix and a few pantry ingredients for a yummy cake. Enjoy!
I just can’t stop making dump cakes! They are so easy and fun to create. Here’s another one that I came up with over the weekend. My family loved it and has already requested I make it again next weekend. With only a handful of ingredients that you probably have in your pantry, you can whip this up in no time at all.
Pantry Pineapple Strawberry Dump Cake
Makes 12-16 servings
- 1 box yellow or butter super moist cake mix
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh strawberries sliced or chopped and drained on paper towels
- 1 stick unsalted butter slightly softened
- pinch salt
- 1 cup separated sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped finely pecans or almonds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 X 13 pan with butter, layer the strawberries on the bottom.
- Pour the entire can of pineapple with juice over the strawberries and spread evenly to the edges.
- Sprinkle half of the cake mix over the pineapple. Then 1/2 cup of the coconut. Finish with the cake mix. Top off with the rest of the coconut and nuts if using. Break up or cut up the softened butter and toss all over the top of the coconut topping.
- Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes until bubbling around the edges and browned on the top. Take out and let cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream, whip cream or just plain. It’s so delicious. it’s great just as is.