Love these easy-peasy recipes that are great for last minute desserts. This apple crumble cake will become a family favorite once you taste how delicious and quick it is to prepare. Enjoy!
It’s so nice when you can grab from your pantry and put together a delicious recipe in no time at all. This has become a family favorite. Great for company as well.
Pantry Apple Crumble Cake
Yields: 9 servings
- 1 can (21 ounce) apple pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix (dry), reserve 2 tablespoons
- 1 stick butter, cut into thin slices
- 3 tbsp old fashioned oats
- 2 level tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp reserved cake mix
- 2 tbsp butter, slightly softed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray an 8 or 9 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread apple pie filling in prepared pan. Top with dry cake mix, spread evenly. Top with thin slices of butter in single layer. Cover cake as best as possible.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, 2 tbsp cake mix, 2 tbps cinnamon and 2 tbsp softed butter. Use a fork or your fingers to get a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle over butter slices.
- Bake approx. 45 to 60 minutes. Check after 45 minutes. Cake is done when wooden skewer or toothpick comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Cool for about 15 to 20 minutes. Server up and enjoy!