Here’s a simple yet elegant recipe that will impress anyone you serve it to. The servings in this recipe is for two but it’s easily doubled. As you can see in the photo, the salmon is sitting over a bed of steamed spinach that’s been drizzled with lemon juice. My husband and I were eating alone this night and we both wanted a light meal. It was just perfect. Enjoy this with a fresh vegetable like the spinach and with a side of whole wheat pasta and your favorite marinara sauce.
Pan Seared Balsamic Glazed Salmon Fillet
- 2 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 tsp good extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- sea salt and pepper to sprinkle on top of fillet
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 (6 ounce salmon fillets)
- Rinse fillets in cold water, lay on paper towels, sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet, (you can use a nonstick grill pan if you like the marks) on medium to high. You want the pan hot just not smoking. Place fillets skin side up. Cook about 4 minutes. Turn with a spatula. It should be nice and charred. While cooking on the other side. Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, water, sugar and garlic powder in a small bowl. Pour over the fillets. Let cook for another 3 to 4 minutes more by moving the pan around a little. The sauce should start to thicken up and the fish should be cooked.
- Place on top of the steamed spinach. Enjoy this tasty and healthy meal.