When I made this for my husband and son, they both said this was now their favorite banana bread recipe of mine. I couldn’t believe it. Paleo baking is very basic. Who knew they would love this recipe so much. Add nuts or dried (unsweetened) fruit to make it your own.
Outstanding Paleo Banana Bread
- 2 very ripe bananas
- ¼ coconut nectar, you can use agave nectar or honey in it’s place
- ¼ cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 to 2 small packets Stevia, I used organic
- 2-3 tbsp unsweetened coconut for sprinkling on top
- 2 tbsp. coconut, maple or date sugar(my favorite) to sprinkle on top, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or your favorite nut of choice, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, spray a loaf pan (I used metal) with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas, add nectar, applesauce, coconut oil, vanilla, and lemon juice. Whisk in the eggs.
- In other bowl, sift together the almond flour, golden flaxseed meal, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon.Fold these dry ingredients into the wet egg mixture and fold gently until incorporated.
- Bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Check after 45 minutes and turn the pan around after 20 minutes for even baking. You may need to cover pan with tin foil to keep the top from getting too dark.Test by poking a toothpick into the middle. If it comes out clean and not wet, the bread is done. Let cool on wire rack for at least 20 minutes. Then, invert and slice up. Enjoy this healthy and very delicious bread.