I made this cake on Sunday while my family was at the park and it was a real treat for them to come home and have this waiting for them. My husband and kids loved this cake and they all said it was really moist. You get a very large serving of cake from this recipe; as they say it’s “a big bang for your buck”. I love Betty Crocker cake mixes and I think whatever you put into their mixes always turns out amazing which is why I used Betty Crocker for this recipe too. I also love all the Land O Lake products as well and of course, the Oreos just seal the deal and take this cake to a whole new (delicious) level. This cake will definitely be on my holiday dessert list. Let me know what you think. I always love hearing from you with your nice comments. Enjoy.
Nutrition: calories 164, fat 2.5 g, carbs 32 g, fiber 0.4 g, sugar 17 g, sodium 434.1 mg, protein 2.6 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
- 1 box Betty Crocker super moist cake mix — you can use any of the white or yellow mixes or even butter flavor
- 2 tbsp butter — melted and cooled
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water at room temperature
- 1 box small box Jell-O sugar free fat free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract for the pudding mix
- 9 reduced fat Oreo cookies — chopped into medium size pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix and baking powder; mix with a wire whisk (lighten up the mixture a little). Then add melted butter, egg whites, vanilla, and water.
- Using an electric mixer beat for about 2 minutes until batter is light and fluffy. Make sure you mix in all the dry ingredients that may still be on the bottom of the bowl (use a rubber spatula for this). Place in fridge for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from fridge, mix once or twice, and then pour into your prepared baking pan. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick or wooden skewer comes out clean or with dry crumbs. Turn the pan around after 15 minutes for even baking. Try not to over bake.
- Let cool about 20 minutes. In the meantime get your frosting ready. In a medium bowl, beat the pudding mix with skim milk and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract, until thickened. Pour into a large measuring cup and chill in fridge for 10 minutes. If you can’t fit all the pudding into the cup just keep it in the bowl and pour in two batches.
- Poke holes into the cake with the tip of the handle of a wooden spoon. After, pour the pudding all over the cake and spread evenly.
- Toss the Oreos all around the topping and place back in the fridge for about an hour. Take out and slice 16 large pieces and enjoy!
Makes 16 large pieces of cake!
More Fabulous Cake Recipes: