This is one of the easiest recipes to make and also one of the most delicious. Who doesn’t love simple recipes? I know I do love simple recipes especially when they come out great every time and use only a few ingredients. This muffin recipe is very versatile, you can change around the fruit and change around the flours and sweeteners too. Bake a batch today and watch them disappear. Don’t tell anyone they are made with healthy ingredients. It’s our secret.
One Bowl Very Moist and Delicious Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Recipe yields about 9 to 11 muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour, or use whole wheat pastry flour for the entire recipe (save 1 tablespoon of flour to mix with the blueberries)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, or granulated sugar
- 1 -2 packets all natural Stevia powder, optional
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, I used avocado, canola and grapeseed work well too
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup non dairy milk, I use almond or cashew milk, soy and rice milk work well too
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries, or frozen that have not been thawed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, spray a nonstick muffin pan or grease. Or, use can use foil liners. Set aside.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine flour(s), sugar, salt, cornstarch and baking powder. Use a wire whisk to break up any clumps.
- Measure out 3/4 cup milk, add in oil and vanilla extract. Pour into dry mixture. Gently mix just until batter is completely incorporated. Dig down to mix in all dry ingredients into wet. If the batter is very thick, you may want to add in the last 1/4 cup of milk. Gradually mix in. Batter should still be on the thick side.
- Gently fold in blueberries that have been tossed with the 1 tablespoon of flour. Using a large cookie scoop, ice cream scoop or 1/3 measuring cup, fill the sprayed cups of the muffin pan.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the muffins gently spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for about 20 minutes. Invert onto wire rack and let cool another 15 minutes.
ENJOY THESE HEALTHY AND DELECTABLE MUFFINS!