One Bowl Sour Cream Corn Muffins are so delicious with a great texture from the cornmeal and moistness from the sour cream. A perfect breakfast, snack and even dessert. Enjoy!
This simple recipes for moist and delicious corn muffins is a staple around my house. Instead of dinner rolls, serve a warm batch of these muffins and watch them disappear. The added sour cream really gives a nice texture and flavor to the muffins.
One Bowl Sour Cream Corn Muffins
Yields: 6 muffins, can be easily doubled to make 12 muffins
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream, I used reduced fat, NOT fat free
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 1/4 cup milk, I used 2 %
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow corn meal
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray with flour or butter flavored. Set aside. I used a silicone muffin pan and I still spray the inside of each cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand held mixer, mix butter with sugar until combined. Add egg, mix, then add sour cream. Mix again until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix by hand until all is incorporated. Make sure you get all the dry mixed into the wet. Try not to over mix.
- Scoop into prepared muffin cups. Bake 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean or with dry crumbs. The tops should also slightly spring back when touched lightly.
- Let cool about 10-15 minutes. Pop muffins out and enjoy warm or at room temperature.