Recently when shopping, I bought tahini to use in a salad dressing. It’s creamy and very rich tasting yet healthy. I had heard about baking with tahini and we have two tahini truffle recipes that are on the blog and are a huge hit. Frozen Raw Tahini Truffles and Decadent Chocolate Tahini Truffles
Since these two truffle recipes are so decadent tasting, I decided to come up with a brownie recipe. So, here it is. I named them after the reaction everyone who had one said. OMG! These are the best brownies! Give this one bowl recipe a try. It’s easy and so delish!
OMG Best Tahini Brownies Ever – They’re Vegan Too!
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour or use all whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup almond or cashew milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup agave nectar, or you can use maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted or avocado oil works well too
- 1 flax egg, 1 heaping tbsp flax meal mixed with 3 – 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup tahini, if firm, stir up until you get a creamy consistency
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips, I use Lily’s Sweets Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil, avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees, mist a 9 X 9 square baking pan with cooking spray, I used coconut spray. Not butter spray to keep these vegan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Use a whisk to mix up the flour and cocoa so there are no lumps. Switch to a wooden spoon or spatula and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Separate the chips and use 1/2 cup for the batter and the other half mix with the 1 teaspoon oil for drizzle on top.
- Mix well to incorporate all the dry into the wet ingredients. Pour batter into prepared pan. Spread out evenly.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes. Check with a toothpick after 20 minutes. Should come out clean or moist crumbs.
- Let cool for 20 minutes in pan. While cooling melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips with oil in microwave for 20 second intervals. Stir until shiny and completely melted.
- Using a teaspoon or fork, drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the cooling brownies. Let set up another 10 minutes. You can place in fridge for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 9 or 12 squares. Store in fridge up to 3 days. Take out and let sit on counter to warm to room temperature or eat cold.